Situation in 4014
The two governments are at war. The North government is recognized by the Prokoetaal as the sole soveriegn state. The South-dominated committee that runs the highport voted out the Northern members for espionage. Several pro-North terrorist attacks in Highport claim abuse and persecution. The authorities are as yet unable to stop the violence.
- Opportunistic piracy by at least two different 200dt Attack Corvettes, Missile armed. Unidentified.
- Prokoetaal backed raiders sieze arms and supply to the South Pole. Alleged acts of piracy. Ursu Flight: Three 400dt J-2 Commerce Raiders, knockoff of the Yellowjacket Class, operating singly. Flagship is PEF-102 Tantalus
- Mercenaries from Right Angle (or affiliated) are allegedly responsible for piracy and illegal salvage. 800dt J-4 Mercenary Cruiser Death Knell
- Deep Adit has a South-run 400dt System Defense Boat, leased from Yang AG. It is currently in Highport undergoing a refit after it was attacked by pirates.
- Right Angle has partnered with Guild traders to provide space commerce security in Deep Adit and other at risk systems. Two J-2 200dt, one J-3 400dt Patrol Corvettes, one 1200dt Merchant Cruiser Calliope
- Imperial Navy occasionally patrols with one or two 400dt Corvettes. See Imperial Navy for Bey-Partial roster.
- The Prokoetaal Expeditionary Forces have shown flag in Deep Adit on two occasions. 8-10 ships, tonnage up to the 12,000dt Destroyer-Carrier flagship, Sword of Kaalu. See Prokoetaal League.
- Deep Adit highport is in a TL 10 spinning spaceport in medium orbit, home to 9,000 souls.
- Facilities at Highport are serviceable but corruption is a constant problem.
- Security is strained. Private security measures are recommended.
- Shuttles to both North and South are available. Either are subject to delays and cancellations, and occasional hijacking and redirection.
- Highport prison currently holds several terrorist suspects awaiting trial. The pending trial has in turn spawned acts of terrorism.
- Both North and South have media restrictions, and both are under martial law.
- The neutral planetary COAC assets have been destroyed, or siezed by their respective armies.