Personal Game Mechanics
Effect on computers and robots
|Computer Failure Check||+4|
|Mishap 5+||Computer offline M days|
|Mishap 9+||Above plus gravitics offline M-4 days|
|Mishap 13+|| Above plus computer permanently corrupted |
Future computer checks now -4
|Any computer-assisted skill check||-1 to -4|
|Reinstate computer temporarily||Difficult|
|Repair or disinfect computer||Formidable|
Radiation area effect
|1.5m (1 hex)||1D6+1/round|
|3m-6m (2-4 hexes)||1D6-1/round|
|6m-15m (5-10 hexes)||1D3-1/round|
Attack once every other round, range 3m (2 hexes). To hit 5+, 1D6 damage + radiation as above.
Fly 15m (10 hexes) per round. May displace through unshielded obstacle 3m (2 hexes) on 7+.
- Roll 6D6 ST, EN, DX or use 21, 21, 21
- 10-point energy field, regenerates 3 points/round. Subtract energy field rating from damage.
- Half damage (after energy field) from lasers, radiation, and photoelectric attack.
Space Game Mechanics
- Use High Guard for Missile and energy weapons to hit and damage.
- Any attack that hits "Interior Explosion" destroys the Predator (hits the nucleus).
- All attacks not "Interior Explosion" are considered to hit the Predator's energy field.
- Attacks hitting "Fuel" are ignored.
- Predator energy fields are destroyed after they take three levels of damage. From then on, any damage destroys the Predator.
- Predator energy fields regenerate one point per round.
Proximity effect on targeting, sensors, and communications
|All gunnery programs||-4|
The X-ray whip attack has only been seen near a Shard entity, in concert with an attack of Predators. It is possible that this attack comes from the Shard, not from Predators.
- Medium range, once per five rounds, 5+ to hit
- Damage: causes roll on mishap table. 1D6 if Computer model 1-3, 2D6 if 4-6, 3D6 if 7-9
Predators attack in flights of 12-20+. Groups of Predators can be attacked by batteries and h-missiles.
- Carry out the attack as normal on any individual Predator
- If more than two levels of damage is recorded, 10% of swarm for each additional level is discomfited.
- Discomfited elements of swarm must roll 7+ to regroup before continuing their attack.
- Predators normal movement stats are Movement 4, Agility 6
- Predators using the subatomic causeway exhibited in Silis system are Movement 56, Agility 1